Date:      Mon, 10 Oct 2005 13:25:11 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-www@freebsd.org
Subject:   CSS 1.X vs. 2.X attributes

Bearing in mind that:

    * min-width is a CSS 2.X (but not CSS 1.X) attribute
    * it may improve the resizing of our front page
    * the following mini-quote from a discussion me and des@ took part in

# Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 13:21:17 +0300
# From: Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
#
# On 2005-10-10 12:03, Dag-Erling Sm?rgrav <des@des.no> wrote:
# >Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr> writes:
# >> How about specifying a minimum of 765px and then a width of 75%?
# >>
# >> 	min-width: 765px;
# >> 	width: 75%;
# >>
# >> That should do the trick.
# >
# > Ah, I didn't know about min-width; it's not in CSS1.
#
# You're right, of course.  It is part of CSS 2.X.  I'm not sure what is
# the CSS standards level we want to be compatible with, so I'll have to
# ask the folks at freebsd-www about using min-width or other CSS 2.X
# attributes.

What is our current policy (assuming we actually _have_ one) about using
CSS 1.X vs. 2.X attributes in stylesheets for the web site?

- Giorgos