Date:      Fri, 24 Dec 1999 17:34:33 +0100
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>
To:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   -current, mutt hangs, xbuffy is slow and partly hangs...

Hi !

Merry Xmas to you all.

Last recently I upgraded my box to -current, because only
-current is capable of running staroffice5 with 2 CPUs.

Staroffice5 now runs really fine. But I trapped into some other
problems:

xbuffy tends to hang if it starts up successfully it needs
about 4 times as long as before. But many times an xbuffy
process simply hangs. There is no way to kill the process.
2 days ago I had 4 xbuffy processes, which were not killable
as root with signal 9.

mutt process is really slow and sometimes hangs when reading a
28 MB large inbox with about 2000 messages. Using -STABLE it
hasn't been a problem.

Squid22 had to be recompiled, to get it run again.

zebra port can't be compiled anymore:

cc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DSYSCONFDIR=\"/usr/local/etc/zebra/\" -I.. -I.. -I../lib    -pipe -O -c vty.c
vty.c: In function `vty_serv_sock_addrinfo':
vty.c:1447: storage size of `req' isn't known
vty.c:1453: sizeof applied to an incomplete type
vty.c:1454: `AI_PASSIVE' undeclared (first use in this function)
vty.c:1454: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
vty.c:1454: for each function it appears in.)
vty.c:1471: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
vty.c:1471: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
vty.c:1471: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
vty.c:1478: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
vty.c:1478: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
vty.c:1488: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
*** Error code 1

Stop in /home/data/ports/net/zebra/work/zebra-0.81/lib.

Please help ;-) Otherwise I have to either wait for some more
time if things settle or to downgrade.

I'd like to help you if I can, to get things fixed but I need some
infos how to help you.

--
Andreas Klemm                                  http://www.FreeBSD.ORG/~andreas
                                     http://www.freebsd.org/~fsmp/SMP/SMP.html