Date:      Thu, 14 Sep 2006 10:26:56 +0200
From:      Alex Kiesel <alex@kiesel.name>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Eclipse 3.1 and the browser prefs problem

Hello all,

I have a problem with eclipse as installed with the eclipse port
(version 3.1). Whenever I click on the "Web Browser" tab in the
Preferences dialog, the JVM exits with the following dialog message:

VM terminated. Exit code=1
/usr/local/diablo-jdk1.5.0/bin/java
-Xms40m
-Xmx256m
-jar /usr/local/eclipse/startup.jar
-os freebsd
-ws gtk
-arch x86
-launcher /usr/local/eclipse/eclipse
-name Eclipse
-showsplash 600
-exitdata 3ce001b
-vm /usr/local/diablo-jdk1.5.0/bin/java
-vmargs
-Xms40m
-Xmx256m
-jar /usr/local/eclipse/startup.jar

On the console, I see the following error message:
/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/home/alex/.eclipse/org.eclipse.platform_3.1.2/configuration/org.eclipse.osgi/bundles/66/1/.cp/libswt-mozilla-gtk-3139.so: Undefined symbol "NS_InitEmbedding"

I tried starting eclipse manually with the command given above in the
error dialog - then the Preferences dialog works, it then says "Default
system web browser" and seems like it would fork the browser when I use
the help system (I'd expect it to be inline when working correctly).

Does someone know a fix for this?

Thanks,
-Alex