Date:      Thu, 12 Jul 2001 11:16:10 -0500 (CDT)
From:      co <co@hobbiton.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   ports & package issues

After upgrading from 4.3-RELEASE to 4.3-STABLE I have been having some
problems with ports and packages.  (Yes, I did upgrade my ports tree)

First of all, when I use /stand/sysinstall to install any packages via
ftp, all of the ftp sites give me an error that they "Can't find the
`4.3-STABLE' distribution on this FTP server."

Second, I can install packages with a pkg_add -r command, i have install
imlib and various other library type packages like gnomelibs.  All that
seems to be working well.

Third, I am trying to install some programs from ports (xmms, gnome,
gnomecore), they all do quite well until they call for gnomecontrolcenter
where they start compiling and then crap out due to some issue with
imlib.  Perhaps I should have installed imlib though ports and not pkg_add
-r ?

I'm not really certain what is happening here.  I have read the
documentation on upgrading to STABLE and can't seems to find any
clues.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks