Date:      Mon, 27 Mar 2023 15:52:04 -0700
From:      Murray Stokely <murray@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-hubs@freebsd.org
Subject:   MaxMind GeoIP database update frequency for pkg.FreeBSD.org redirects?

--0000000000001fb27005f7e99874

A few months ago I updated the MaxMind GeoIP database to correctly Geo
locate my home network on the West Coast.  For more than a month the online
tools have shown that my geolocation has been updated, however,
pkg.FreeBSD.org is still directing me towards the New York east coast
mirror instead of the faster west coast mirror.

Who maintains the pkg.FreeBSD.org redirects?  Is it possible that we are
using a stale database and/or aren't regularly syncing updates from Maxmind
for this?

Thanks!

       - Murray

--0000000000001fb27005f7e99874

orrectly Geo locate my home network on the West Coast.=C2=A0 For more than =
a month the online tools have shown that my geolocation has been updated, h=
owever, <a href=3D"http://pkg.FreeBSD.org">pkg.FreeBSD.org</a>; is still dir=
ecting me towards the New York east coast mirror instead of the faster west=
reeBSD.org">pkg.FreeBSD.org</a> redirects?=C2=A0 Is it possible that we are=
 using a stale database and/or aren&#39;t regularly syncing updates from Ma=

--0000000000001fb27005f7e99874--