Date:      Thu, 2 Sep 2004 09:39:58 -0700
From:      Vicki Brown <vlb@cfcl.com>
To:        Simon Barner <barner@gmx.de>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   building synopsis

Again, thanks for your efforts. I'm trying your port but I get an
error I don't understand

make
Error: bad value for PYTHON_VERSION: python2.3.
Legal values are:
   python1.5
   python1.6
   python2.0
   python2.1
   python2.2 (default).
*** Error code 1

Yet in the Makefile I see
USE_PYTHON=     2.3+

What does this error mean?

(I have two pythons on this box; one is a stackless Python and the
other is "normal" Python 2.2; I only get the above error when I use
stackless and stackless is admittedly not what I should be using. So
I ask this question  more for my personal illumination and education).
--
- Vicki

Vicki Brown       ZZZ                Journeyman Sourceror:
SF Bay Area, CA      zz  |\     _,,,---,,_      Scripts & Philtres
http://www.cfcl.com/  zz /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_ Code, Docs, Process, QA
http://cfcl.com/vlb/    |,4-  ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Perl, Unix, Mac OS X, WWW