Date:      Sun, 17 Mar 1996 18:14:15 -0500 (EST)
From:      "matthew c. mead" <mmead@Glock.COM>
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de
Cc:        scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: more IOmega JAZ drive problem information

J Wunsch writes:

> As matthew c. mead wrote:

> >     I recently mailed about the jaz drive problems I'm having
> > with -current (as of today 11am from sup2).  It seems that the
> > JAZ drive can be mounted and unmounted as many times as desired,
> > as long as it has not spun down after 30 minutes of activity.  If
> > it has done so and is mounted at the time, it will spin back up
> > and allow itself to be accessed.  However, once unmounted after
> > spinning back up, it can no longer be mounted.  If it has slept
> > while not mounted, it also can no longer be mounted.  Anyone have
> > any ideas?  Anyone looking at tackling this that I could help
> > debug for?  Thanks!

	Oops, I forgot to mention.  No matter what happens with
its spindown spinup activity, you cannot get it to eject once you
have used it under FreeBSD.  The little button that normally
ejects it will not eject the cartridge unless you reboot and try
to eject it before you use it under FreeBSD.

> Weird.  Any chance that you'll get a SCSI Reference Manual from them?

	Hmm.  I hadn't even thought about trying.  I suppose I
could, though.  Do you know if it is something I'll have to sign
an NDA for?

-matt

--
Matthew C. Mead