Date:      12 Mar 2001 17:28:10 MST
From:      Tymanthius Rune Speak <tymanthius@usa.net>
To:        David Preece <davep@afterswish.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [Re: More NATD/IPFW woes . . . ]

David Preece <davep@afterswish.com> wrote:
At 17:06 12/03/2001 -0700, you wrote:
>config 2NicKern
>make depend -j4
>make -j4
>make install -j4

Looks good so far. D'you want to post ifconfig -a and ipfw show... might =

help. Oh, do 'ps ax' as well.

TY: I'll do so later - that box is dwn right now.  I'm using my web inter=
face
to email right now.

>Can ping intra- & inter-nets from bsd box. intranet can not ping interne=
t.

Sounds like it's up. Quick no-brainer, are the machines on the intranet =

treating the bsd box as their default router? Have you set the DNS server=
s =

to be your ISP's DNS's?

TY: Default router is the BSD box.  DNS servers are set to ISP's.

>make clean
>
>edit 2NicKern to add
>options IPFIREWALL
>options IPDIVERT

You're definately going to need these. Oh, and BTW, the -j4 is of =

debateable value, it's a YMMV thing. Try it without.

TY:  Ok, will do, next time.  It's a 486, so I tend to type a make comman=
d,
and go to bed.  ;-)

Dave