Date:      Thu, 28 Jan 1999 18:09:19 -0500 (EST)
From:      Greg Schohn <root@jules.res.cmu.edu>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   disk problem at bootup...

2 things...  first - I tried re-writing my boot blocks of my scsi drive a
couple of days ago & I now get a "Read Error" on bootup.  I tried both
using disklabel on both my root slice (/dev/sd0s1e & the entire hd
/dev/sd0a).  I used just -B as well as -B -b.. -s... & I still can't get
the computer to boot off of the scsi drive...

I did successfully install the new boot blocks on my ide drive, using the
same sort of method...

My root partition under freebsd is slice e, the hard drive has 1
partition.

anyway - I can still use the kernel & everything by specifying disk1 as
the current device & booting off of it...  but I'd like the scsi to be
able to boot up by itself...

so - anybody know how I can fix boot sector on the HD...  It worked fine
before I used disklabel on it :(...

thanks,
Greg