Date:      Wed, 25 May 2022 21:37:00 +0200
From:      Mark Tinka <mark@tinka.africa>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Warning for 13.1 upgrades, SSH restart required before you close session post upgrade

--------------1J40SBHSbAQhoIkvxvvqhMFT

On 5/25/22 02:55, Paul Macdonald wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've not spotted this in @questions so hopefully this will warn some
> people
>
> After an upgrade to 13.1, and post reboot, you have to restart the SSH
> daemon in the current session
>
> otherwise you'll get locked out.
>
> From upgrade notes, which i admit i didn't read
>
> /"After upgrading, sshd (from OpenSSH 8.8p1) will not accept new
> connections until it is restarted. After installing the new userland,
> either reboot (as specified in the source update procedure), or
> execute //|service sshd restart|//."/
>
> I would think something as important as this might have warranted more
> of an alert

Yes, this hit me too on a number of boxes. I had to get remote hands to
reboot the servers.

Wonder how this got missed, but hey, we're human.

Mark.
--------------1J40SBHSbAQhoIkvxvvqhMFT

  <head>
  </head>
      cite="mid:b3df00ff-1543-d7d9-fb34-ebe1ab5b3cb0@ifdnrg.com">
        some people</p>
        the SSH daemon in the current session</p>
          new connections until it is restarted. After installing the
          new userland, either reboot (as specified in the source update
        warranted more of an alert</p>
    Yes, this hit me too on a number of boxes. I had to get remote hands
    to reboot the servers. <br>
    Wonder how this got missed, but hey, we're human.<br>
    Mark.<br>

--------------1J40SBHSbAQhoIkvxvvqhMFT--