Date:      Sun, 22 Mar 1998 12:55:20 -0800 (PST)
From:      Joey Garcia <bear@pacificnet.net>
To:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Newbies writing manuals

Okay, from what I understand is that there are a bunch of newbies wanting
to write manuals.  Right?  I just want to make sure if it's newbies
wanting to write manuals, or newbies wanting advanced users to write
manuals *for* newbies.  Would be ridiculous for a newbie (assuming that
the newbie doesn't know anything) to actually sit down and write a manual
or something.

Anyways, I support a project for writing simple manual pages and docs.
Step by Step how-to's are also important.  It's not also important for the
advanced users to write simple stuff for newbies, but for corporations as
well.

Let's imagine a world where corporations can adopt freebsd as their
intranet server based on the fact that it's easy to use and *free*.  A
world where people won't choose Windows NT over FreeBSD or Linux, or
whatever just because it's a simple point and click thing.  Actually, with
the right window manager, Linux or FreeBSD can be a point and click OS.
KDE is doing a hell of a job at doing that.

For your newbies coming from a windows world, once you get X figured out
try using KDE.  Go to www.kde.org for all the info and stuff.

bear