Date:      Wed, 25 Jun 1997 12:51:21 +0200
From:      stephane@e2c.com (Stephane Legrand)
To:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: OS/2 users going to FreeBSD? :-)

>While it's true that FreeBSD is more flexible, I don't think this
>makes for a more complex setup.  The real problem is in the
>documentation.
>

>To be fair, the handbook is pretty superficial.  I'm not trying to
>knock it--it's better than nothing--but we need something in much more
>depth.  I'm not just bitching about it: I've got a document half
>ready, but I'm too busy at the moment to put on the final polish.  If
>somebody starts bugging me, that may change.

Just a suggestion for the documentation.

Why don't include on the FreeBSD CD-Rom the Linux HOW-TO docs ?
They seem pretty good and i think that it could help many people for the
standard UNIX tools (XFree, ppp...).

And it would be a good example of cooperation between UNIX free communities.

Stephane.

--> http://www.lituus.fr/stephane/
- To save the Internet, stop using Micro$oft softwares NOW !
- Do you want a REAL OS ? -> http://www.freebsd.org/