Date:      Wed, 5 May 2004 14:00:17 +0530
From:      <Muthu_T@Dell.com>
To:        <freebsd-ia64@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: 20040502 snapshot + Dell PE3250

Hi,

   I tried to install the snapshot in PE3250.
Now I can give the input via serial console. Even I can see the FreeBSD
color console in HyperAccess(SuperSet of HyperTerminal)

But I met with some errors. I couldn't install FreeBSD using Auto &
Manual partition.

See the following serial console outputs:

(Using Autopartition)
<snip>
                         FreeBSD Disklabel Editor

Disk: da0               Free: 0 blocks (0MB)

Part      Mount          Size Newfs   Part      Mount          Size
Newfs
----      -----          ---- -----   ----      -----          ----
-----
da0p1     <none>        100MB EFI
da0p2     /             256MB UFS2   Y
da0p3     swap         4018MB SWAP
da0p4     /var          256MB UFS2+S Y
da0p5     /tmp          256MB UFS2+S Y
da0p6     /usr        29846MB UFS2+S Y

</snip>

After this I am getting the following error:

<snip>

id 240 (gunzip), uid 0 inumber 8956 on /mnt: filesystem full
/mnt: write failed, filesystem is full

</snip>

In the message Box the following message appears:

<snip>=20
 	Write failure on transfer! (wrote -1 bytes of 1425408 bytes)
</snip>

Finally I entered into Emergency Holographic Shell.

<snip>

DEBUG: Doctor: I can't set the controlling terminal.
Type ``exit'' in this fixit shell to resume sysinstall.

sh: can't access tty; job control turned off

# ls
crypto          kerberos5       secure

# mount
/dev/md0 on / (ufs, local)
devfs on /dev (devfs, local)
/dev/da0p2 on /mnt (ufs, asynchronous, local, noatime)
devfs on /mnt/dev (devfs, local)
/dev/acd0 on /dist (cd9660, local, read-only)

# df
Filesystem 512-blocks    Used  Avail Capacity  Mounted on
/dev/md0        15708   10376   5332    66%    /
devfs               2       2      0   100%    /dev
/dev/da0p2     507356  484544 -17776   104%    /mnt
devfs               2       2      0   100%    /mnt/dev
/dev/acd0     1136192 1136192      0   100%    /dist

#

</snip>

The /dev/da0p2 line shows negative numbers in 'Avail' column. Its
capacity is 104%.
Is this a bug? Or Am I missing something?

By default EFI is displayed in the DiskLabel Editor. If I set the mount
point for it to /boot/efi, I am geeting "symbolic link level too much"
(kind of) error.

Any comments?

Thanks.

--T. Muthu Mohan