Date:      Sun, 15 Sep 2002 06:47:46 -0700
From:      Benjamin Krueger <benjamin@seattleFenix.net>
To:        Anthony Atkielski <anthony@freebie.atkielski.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Windows as opposed to Other OS's

* Anthony Atkielski (anthony@freebie.atkielski.com) [020915 05:42]:
> Robert writes:
>
> > For internet structure, I'll change my tune when
> > the 13 root name servers are running Advanced
> > Server.
>
> What are the root servers running right now?

  I just spent 25 minutes googling for an authoritative list of root nameservers
and what operating systems and platforms they run on, however I couldn't find
any such list. The only machine I could find was A.GTLD-SERVERS.NET which lives
in VA with NSI and runs on an IBM S80 RS/6000 running AIX. From what I gleaned
of the gTLD documentation, all of the root nameservers run a form of UNIX on
various hardware, and all of them run BIND.

--
Benjamin Krueger

"Everyone has wings, some folks just don't know what they're for"
- B. Banzai