Date:      Tue, 30 Jun 1998 12:54:25 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Woody Carey <wcarey@cs.uoregon.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Post-install updates not working from cdrom

After successfully installing FreeBSD-2.2.5-Release from the Walnut
creek cdroms (4 CD set), I wished to add, say, xemacs-20.2 or whatever.
so I run /stand/sysinstall, set the media to CDROM, the cd is mounted
( # mount /cdrom ), and try to do a post-install configuration, add
more packages, but I get a message from sysinstall saying something
to the effect of
"the cd in the drive looks more like a audio cd than a freebsd release"
What do I do to make sysinstall recognize the cd?  Why is sysinstall
saying this?  I have a scsi cdrom drive, used successfully to install
the os initially.
thanks for any hints or pointers to www.freebsd.org pages I have missed in
my search.

-woody