Date:      Thu, 27 Jun 1996 22:11:01 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        "Gary Palmer" <gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@FreeBSD.ORG>, James Raynard <fhackers@jraynard.demon.co.uk>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvs-cur-2135

: Perhaps a rate limited version of the mail lists should be made for
: those who want that facility? I would say that not EVERYONE wants to
: do that. I know that I'd still prefer CTM over SUP, even if I had a
: half-way decent net.link...

Hmmm.  I'd think that splitting the large CTM deltas into smaller
parts wouldn't be a horrible idea as well.  I know they are split into
parts for mailing, but if part 27 of 40 buggers up, then you have to
get all 40 parts again via FTP.  Combined with a rate limited list
(ctm-cur-slow) this would solve the problem.  Just a thought.

Unless someone is motivated to do this, however, it won't happen.  I
have enough bandwidth to cope with even the biggest changes.  CTM is
nicer for me because it uses less of that bandwidth than SUP.  And
that will be true when the great labeling comes in, as only the diffs
are send down the wire.  I'm happy with the status quo, so I have no
strong motivation to contribute this :-(.

Warner