Date:      Thu, 09 Nov 2006 18:52:04 -0800
From:      Olexandr Prokhorenko <white@prokhorenko.us>
To:        <freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Core 2 Duo and FreeBSD

Hello guys,

I=B9m considering getting a new Core 2 Duo (Intel=AE Core=81 2 Duo E6400 CPU
2.13GHz) server to run under FreeBSD.  I briefly searched the Internet and
found some concerns and trouble reports about FreeBSD and Core 2 Duo
servers.  I really need to use this server for high load production use and
it=B9s not acceptable for me to have the server running into any kind of
problems, crashes, or whatever else.  As an alternative to Core 2 Duo, I wa=
thinking about Intel=AE Pentium=AE D 945 Dual Core 3.4GHz, but I was told that
it has significantly less power.

I=B9d greatly appreciate any help and advises.  Please, crosspost (cc:) to my
directly, because I=B9m not a maillist subscriber.  Thank you.

--=20
Alexander Prohorenko.