Date:      Thu, 26 Jan 2006 09:03:47 +0000 (UTC)
From:      "Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bzeeb-lists@lists.zabbadoz.net>
To:        Vulpes Velox <v.velox@vvelox.net>
Subject:   Re: Marvell/SysKonnect YukonII source code available

On Thu, 26 Jan 2006, Vulpes Velox wrote:

> On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 11:19:05 +0100
> Andre Oppermann <andre@freebsd.org> wrote:
>
>> Marvell/SysKonnect made the source code to the YukonII chips
>> available today under a BSD license:
>>
>> I haven't tested the driver yet and I don't know if it available
>> directly from the their website already.
>
> Who would one send bug reports too?

well, that's a good question.

> I have a 88E8053 in a laptop with a releng_6 install that is up to
> date as of saturday. The status of the connection does not change off
> of "no carrier".

Yeah lucky you. I have manually updated it so it compiles on HEAD
but loading it on amd64 makes the machine panic. Not that I'd have
expected it to fully work asap;)

I guess it would be best to wait until the driver is officially
supported by the FreeBSD project (read once it is comitted).