Date:      Thu, 10 Dec 1998 10:57:26 -0700 (MST)
From:      "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@plutotech.com>
To:        spork@super-g.com (spork)
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: options FAILSAFE

spork wrote...
> I've always wondered exactly what it does...  Is it strictly a scsi thing
> or does it touch other bits and pieces?  LINT says it enables tag queueing
> on the ncr.  Does anyone know what else it does, and whether it does
> anything if you're running CAM?

It doesn't do anything to affect the SCSI subsystem if you're running CAM.
The best way to find out what it does is:

cd /usr/src/sys
find . -name "*.[ch]" -print |xargs grep FAILSAFE

It appears that it only affects some Cyrix options now.  (I could have
missed something by only looking at *.c and *.h, though.)

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry
ken@plutotech.com