Date:      Sat, 15 Feb 1997 13:14:21 +0100
From:      Eivind Eklund <eivind@dimaga.com>
To:        Mikael Karpberg <karpen@ocean.campus.luth.se>
Cc:        se@freebsd.org (Stefan Esser), hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: MIME applications for FreeBSD

At 12:46 AM 2/14/97 +0100, Mikael Karpberg wrote:
>Well... One could always make someone documment the format by reverese
>enginering, or looking at the MS example code. No code, just the format
>of the files. Then just sending the documentation of the format to some
>other people, ought to make receipents "clean" enough to be able to write
>a BSD-licenced source from that, which can grok the format, and output
>ascii/ps/pdf files. No?

A friend of mine is doing a Word to SGML converter as a consultancy job for
a company that need the functionality; it will be finished later this year.
 If I understood him correctly it will be released under the GNU licence
when he's finished with it.  The only bad thing about it is that it's
written in CL, and thus somewhat harder to compile than nescessary.

Eivind Eklund  perhaps@yes.no  http://maybe.yes.no/perhaps/
eivind@freebsd.org