Date:      Sun, 06 Feb 2005 17:27:01 -0600
From:      Ryan Sommers <ryans@gamersimpact.com>
To:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@chuckr.org>
Cc:        Scott Long <scottl@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: i86 install images

Chuck Robey wrote:
> Anyhow, I do my downloading using my Mac machine, and it's reporting the,
> say for the disc1, it's "miniinst" and for disc2, it's reporting "LiveFS".
> I know it's not important what label's on the disc, as long as it's not
> part of the install, but having the names not only being wrong. but
> actually overwriting good names, that's not very good.  If I was root, I
> would want that fixed, it would embarrass me.

FYI, within the past 2 weeks I downloaded the 5.3-RELEASE image to an
OSX mac and successfully burned it, not sure exactly what site it was.

I never looked at the label however. One thing to remember though, when
burning ISOs on an OSX mac the best way I've found it to open up a
terminal (Applications / Utilities, if I remember correctly) and then do
'hdutil burn isoname'

--
Ryan Sommers
ryans@gamersimpact.com