Date:      Wed, 9 Sep 1998 03:09:01 -0500 (CDT)
From:      David Vondrasek <david@stumbleinn.dyn.ml.org>
To:        Ladislav Kostal <kostal@pefstud.uniag.sk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 2x 3c905

On Wed, 9 Sep 1998, Ladislav Kostal wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a little problem with two 3c905 cards. First is connected to
> sattelite modem and second to other computer with win95 (simplified just
> for test). When I try to connect from win95 client to the world, I just
> reach these two cards and nothing more. Connection doesn't go behind first
> card. (I have set GATEWAY="YES" in rc.conf) When I looked on the tcpdump
> on both interfaces, I saw that e.g. when I ping some host outside our
> network from win95 client, the host send the response but it came just to
> the first card and stopped there. It didn't go to the second interface.
> Why ? Can someone help me with this ? (i use xl driver)

What do you have in these setting. (assuming it is a fbsd box as the
gateway )

defaultrouter="no" <----- set to NO is it IS the gateway
gateway_enable="YES"

And what do you have in the win95 settings under Networks for a gateway ?
It should be your I.P. of the Gateway Box.

--

David L. Vondrasek
dlv@watertower.com