Date:      Sun, 1 Oct 1995 16:52:48 -0500
From:      peter@taronga.com (Peter da Silva)
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: vgalib for FreeBSD!

In article <14563.812208186@time.cdrom.com>,
Jordan K. Hubbard <jkh@time.cdrom.com> wrote:
>I'd like something that simply gave me basic line graphics in 320x200
>resolution or so.  Then I could go implement all those cool GUI objects
>I've been talking about with a dynamic rendering model that allows
>fall-back to ncurses character graphics rendering in a pinch.

ctk works, supports ncurses and X, and... more importantly... DOESN'T HAVE
TO BE MAINTAINED AND EXTENDED BY THE FREEBSD TEAM. And the Tcl/Tk combination
it uses is out of beta.

Honestly, Jordan, I know you don't like the tk interface... but it works and
solves the problem and you can't do everything yourself. Even if you *are* a
Perl script on uppers.

FreeBSD doesn't need Yet Another User Interface API That Nobody Else Uses.