Date:      Sun, 4 Jun 2006 08:06:22 -0400
From:      Gerard Seibert <gerard@seibercom.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: portmanager keeps on reinstalling the same port

--nextPart3113205.reDX3XeqnP

On Sunday 04 June 2006 04:34, Yousef Raffah wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-06-03 at 12:55 -0400, Gerard Seibert wrote:
> [...]
>
> > Well, it seems that you have a problem here:
> >
> > skipping openssl-0.9.8b_1 /security/openssl marked IGNORE reason:
> > conflicts with another installed port
>
> I resolved the conflict and now I have one openssl installation.
>
> > You might want to check that out. Are you sure you have a completely
> > fresh ports tree? If not, update it and then run"
> >
> > portmanager -u -l -y
>
> Yes I'm sure I have a fresh ports tree and I did portmanager -u -l -y
> yesterday but I still have some skipping packages :(
>
> > and see if that corrects the other problems. Then try to install the
> > package. Did portmanager actually exit or did you stop it manually?
> > There is no mention in the log file you supplied of it exiting the build
> > process.
>
> Portmanager exited by itself, I did not interrupt it. Can I attach the
> portmanager.log file to the list?

I experienced something similar when I had BATCH defined in the /etc/make.c=
onf=20
file. If you also have it set to 'yes' then I would recommend that you remo=
ve=20
it.

It would be helpful if you supplied the contents of the 'portmanager.log'=20
file, as well as the 'pm-020.conf' and 'make.conf' files. I cannot reproduc=
e=20
the problem you are having, and I use portmanager on a regular basis.

=2D-=20
Gerard Seibert
gerard@seibercom.net

Why do we have two eyes?  To watch 3-D movies with.