Date:      Sun, 25 Apr 2004 17:06:06 -0400
From:      Christopher Nehren <apeiron@comcast.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Valgrind for FreeBSD

--liOOAslEiF7prFVr

On Sun, Apr 25, 2004 at 15:01:03 EDT, David O'Brien scribbled these
curious markings:
> [*] And I would like to see a lot more of these, as I generally use
> Kris's packages vs. building from ports and I end up with a lot more=20
crap
> on my system than I need.

Yuck. I don't want to have to install _two_ packages for a library to be
able to build software with it. If I wanted that, I'd use Linux.
=2E..
Well, maybe not.

Perhaps a port Makefile hook, a la NOPORTDOCS, could be used? Of course,
the snag there is deciding which camp to please insofar as default=20
settings are concerned. It'd be cool if you could put your decision in=20
/etc/make.conf and have it global, so you can just forget about it and=20
live your life as you want. =3D)

--=20
pejorative meaning "stupid and unsophisticated".  -- Ken Thompson
-
-
Please CC me in all replies, even if I'm on the relevant list(s).

--liOOAslEiF7prFVr

--liOOAslEiF7prFVr--