Date:      Thu, 13 Dec 2012 14:18:42 +0100
From:      Erik Cederstrand <erik@cederstrand.dk>
To:        David Chisnall <theraven@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        "toolchain@freebsd.org" <toolchain@FreeBSD.org>, Pete chou <pete.chou@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: Using non-standard linker

Den 13/12/2012 kl. 14.10 skrev David Chisnall <theraven@FreeBSD.org>:

> Hi Eric,
>=20
> The easiest way of doing this is to make /usr/bin/ld (in the host =
system and in the bootstrap) into a symbolic link that points to =
whatever the selected linker is.  I had to do this when testing gold as =
well (we end up with ld-gold and ld-bfd and ld being a symlink to one of =
them).

Yes, a symlink is of course an easy solution post-install. But 'ld' is =
built as part of 'make toolchain', I believe, so this approach wouldn't =
work if I wanted mclinker to be used as the linker in 'make buildworld'. =
The newly built 'ld' in /usr/obj/ would be used as the linker instead.

Erik=