Date:      Mon, 14 Nov 2011 15:35:33 -0600
From:      John Veit <John_Veit@DELL.com>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>, "freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org" <freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Don Croft <Don_Croft@Dell.com>
Subject:   RE: Sandy Bridge Support for FBSD 8.1

The Intel SandyBridge_EDS volume 2 decribes how the CPUBUS0, CPUBUS1 values=
 are accessed for each physical CPU Slot. The BIOS loads these values at bo=
ot time. For SandyBridge each physical CPU has multiple PCI segments for in=
tegrated IO and CPU devices. Thus when 2 CPU's are present the following va=
lues are set:
CPU0BUS0=3D0 (IIO, PCH), CPU0BUS1=3D63 (IMC, DMA, etc),=20
CPU1BUS0=3D64, CPU1BUS1=3D127.

Note: We are using amd64 build of FBSD 8.1. It looks like the qpi driver is=
 not supported for Sandy Bridge.
=20