Date:      Thu, 16 Aug 2001 23:30:39 GMT
From:      Jeffrey Lee <dibble@cc.gatech.edu>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Stable Documentation

Yeah, I started making that docproj meta-port.  Then, I got a little=20=

perterbed when it started building and installing Xfree86.  I think I'm =

just going to install the things listed in the "needed utilities" sectio=
n=20
of the documentation project primer.  All I really wanted is to make HTM=
L=20
files out of the doc tree so that I could read the most up to date=20
documentation.

On 8/16/2001, 3:11:29 PM, Jamil Taylor <jamil_taylor@pobox.com> wrote=20=

regarding Re: Stable Documentation:

> On Thu, 16 Aug 2001 14:40:48 -0400
>  Pete Fritchman <petef@databits.net> wrote:
> > ++ 16/08/01 17:59 +0000 - Jeff Lee:
> > | I am trying to keep up my reading of the docs from freeBSD-Stable,=
 but=20
> > | have no idea how to turn the doc tree into a readable format.  I t=
ried=20
> > | read the documentation project primer, but that didn't help too mu=
ch. =20
If
> > | someone could just send me the procedure to build and install the=

> > | documentation, I would be able to read all of it, and possibly
> > | contribute.
> >
> > http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/fdp-primer/x182.htm=
> >
> > To actually build the docs (render the different formats from the SG=
ML):
> > cd <path to co'd doc>/en_US.ISO8859-1; make
> >
> > You can specify specific formats with the FORMATS variable.
> >
> > Perhaps the FDP is lacking on this; maybe making it more clear will =
be
> > your first patch? :-)
> >
> > Good luck,
> >
> > -pete

> Also, install the tools needed to build the docs. This can be done eas=
ily=20
by