Date:      Tue, 13 Jul 2021 08:00:29 -0600
From:      "@lbutlr" <kremels@kreme.com>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   gnutls requires unbound?

When updating gnutls, the port requires and installs unbound. This is =
despitee the fact that bind is already installed why is a second DNS =
server required for gnutls? Unbound is not running on the system (nor =
could it be, since the DNS ports are bound to bind).

I am still occasionally getting two instances of bind running and I have =
been trying to track down how this happens since when it does DNS tends =
to go pear-shaped, but it doesn't happened very often, so it's been =
unsolved. I am wondering if this spurious unbound could possibly be =
released, unlikely as that would be.

--=20
"Part of the inhumanity of the computer is that, once it is
	competently programmed and working smoothly, it is completely
	honest." - Isaac Asimov