Date:      Tue, 07 Nov 1995 20:08:25 -0800
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@freefall.FreeBSD.org>
To:        Manfred Antar <root@mantar.slip.netcom.com>
Cc:        Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Adaptec 1740 kernel problem

>On Tue, 7 Nov 1995, Ollivier Robert wrote:
>

>> Are   you   sure you  did   everything  right (rebuilding   config, "config
>> WHATEVER", "make depend" and "make all") ?
>>
>> My current kernel  has been compiled  on Nov.  6th and I  do not  have this
>> problem...
>
>did all that and i still get the same error.have you tried to just
>compile a kernel with just a ahb0 controller? if i add: controller ahc0
>even though i don't have one on this machine the kernel builds fine,and
>the system boots fine.here is what i have for controller in my config file

Your problem is that you are including eisa0 when not including any devices
that use the new eisaconf routines.  The error you're seeing is because of
the linkerset of eisa drivers not being defined unless there a driver is
included.  The ahb driver hasn't been converted to the eisaconf interface
yet, but should be soon.

--
Justin T. Gibbs
  Software Developer - Walnut Creek CDROM