Date:      Tue, 30 May 1995 12:14:28 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Network Coordinator <nc@ai.net>
To:        "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com>
Cc:        Mike Pritchard <pritc003@maroon.tc.umn.edu>, wsantee@wsantee.oz.net, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG

> freefall:cvswork {111} mailstats
> Statistics from Sat May 27 04:19:52 1995
>  M msgsfr bytes_from  msgsto   bytes_to  Mailer
>  0      0          0K   1026       2285K  prog
>  1      0          0K    394        875K  *file*
>  3   2703       6324K   3653       7964K  local
>  4   1227       3585K 263175     531621K  smtp
>  T   3930       9909K 268248     542745K
> freefall:cvswork {112}
>
> I see turn around times on my messages well under 10 minutes in most
> cases, if your seeing 8 hours you probably have a DNS or route problem
> that is causing your mail to get defered :-(.  That and I am at the
> top of the lists, and your probably quite far down on them depending
> on when you joined the list.

I must fit in the same category in terms of being far down the lists.
However, mail directly TO majordomo [stat requests, etc] come back
almost INSTANTLY. [like I hit send, hit index, and have a reply] so I
think freefall definitely has enough CPU/bandwidth free to deal with
that. I think sendmail might not exactly rush to send bulk priority mail
out though.

-Jerry.