Date:      Sat, 11 Feb 2012 13:40:41 +0100
From:      Thierry Thomas <thierry@FreeBSD.org>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Reducing the need to compile a custom kernel

--zS7rBR6csb6tI2e1

Le ven 10 f=E9v 12 =E0 14:56:04 +0100, Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidi=
nger.net>
 =E9crivait=A0:
> Hi,

Hello,

> The question is, is this enough? Or asked differently, why are you
> compiling a custom kernel in a production environment (so I rule out
> debug options zhich are not enabled in GENERIC)? Are there options
> which you add which you can not add as a module (SW_WATCHDOG comes to
> my mind)? If yes, which ones and how important are they for you?

Not very important, but since you are asking, is there another place to
put options to atkbd and sc, like these ones:

options 	ATKBD_DFLT_KEYMAP	# specify the built-in keymap
makeoptions	ATKBD_DFLT_KEYMAP=3Dfr.iso.acc

options		SC_KERNEL_CONS_ATTR=3D(FG_LIGHTGREEN|BG_BLACK)
options		SC_KERNEL_CONS_REV_ATTR=3D(FG_WHITE|BG_GREEN)
options		SC_NORM_REV_ATTR=3D(FG_WHITE|BG_BLUE)

Regards,
--=20
Th. Thomas.

--zS7rBR6csb6tI2e1