Date:      Thu, 19 Aug 1999 20:26:06 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@rush.net>
To:        Alain Gaudreau <light@xmysql.com>
Cc:        emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Any Lotus Notes success stories?

On Thu, 19 Aug 1999, Alain Gaudreau wrote:

> Hello,
>
>    Have you goten it to run? I can't seem to "fool" it into thinking it's
> on linux. It's detecting freebsd when it tries to load. I managed to
> install it by hacking the install script. I installed the linux_base-6.0
> port too. Any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

just hack the script "startup" in lotus/bin/tools/startup the same way
you hacked the installer, then you should be at the same point i am.

if you have success, please keep me informed, I _really_ would
love to have this running...

-Alfred

> On Thu, 12 Aug 1999, Alfred Perlstein wrote:
>

> > IBM recently released Lotus Notes for Linux (really redhat 6.0 + glibc6)
> >
> > I don't have a lot of time to hack it into working, I thought that
> > upgrading my /usr/compat directory with newer RPMs might solve
> > missing shared lib problems, but all I wound up doing was eventually
> > causing a bus error.
> >
> > linux_ktrace won't compile with redhat-6 rpms installed.
> >
> > truss reports:
> > syscall mprotect(0x280d4000,0xc52000,0x5)
> >         returns 0 (0x0)
> > syscall munmap(0x28eca000,0x130f)
> >         returns 0 (0x0)
> > syscall linux_personality(0x0)
> >         returns 0 (0x0)
> > syscall getpid()
> >         returns 19679 (0x4cdf)
> > SIGNAL 10
> > SIGNAL 10
> > Process stopped because of:  16
> > process exit, rval = 10
> >
> > Are there any plans to upgrade to a newer version? or perhaps
> > have a redhat6_base port so people can debug what's going on
> > here?
> >
> > Anyone figure out how to get this running under emulation?
> >
> > thank you,
> > -Alfred Perlstein - [bright@rush.net|bright@wintelcom.net]
> > systems administrator and programmer
> >     Wintelcom - http://www.wintelcom.net/

> > with "unsubscribe freebsd-emulation" in the body of the message

-Alfred Perlstein - [bright@rush.net|alfred@freebsd.org]
Wintelcom systems administrator and programmer
   - http://www.wintelcom.net/ [bright@wintelcom.net]