Date:      Thu, 09 Nov 2000 11:44:49 +0000
From:      Steve Coles <scoles@tripos.com>
To:        Jon Paterson <jpaterson@itchannel.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: keeping stable without cvs type tools.

Jon,

I ftp ctm deltas using "wget" on my NT work machine without (ab)using the
corporate network,

Get a a base delta something like this

wget --passive-ftp --tries=10 --timeout=600 -nd -m
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/CTM/cvs-cur/cvs-cur.6000xEmpty.gz

Then I just use the NT scheduler with something like:

wget --passive-ftp --tries=10 --timeout=600 -nd -m
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/CTM/cvs-cur/cvs-cur.[6-9]???.gz

The only problem is the initial empty delta, which the firewall insists on
virus-checking and because of it's size - the file transfer never gets through.

I, personally, would be interested if there was a way to split the base delta
into chunks, akin to the way in ftp that you can tar up whole directories.

Sorry to the list if this is OT / wrong OS.

Steve