Date:      Wed, 9 Apr 2014 15:57:08 -0700
From:      Garrett Cooper <yaneurabeya@gmail.com>
To:        "Peel, Casey" <casey.peel@isilon.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-testing@freebsd.org" <freebsd-testing@freebsd.org>, Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Diff to fix pjdfstest tests

(CCing the maintainer, pjd@)

On Wed, Apr 9, 2014 at 3:51 PM, Peel, Casey <casey.peel@isilon.com> wrote:
> In attempting to get pjdfstest working I found that some of the tests hav=
e easily-corrected failures:

> One of which is a plan error: ftruncate/00.t runs 26 tests but only speci=
fies 21 in the plan.

> Tests that create a small memory disk and fill it to ENOSPC don't validat=
e that the memory disk mounts and will happily attempt to fill up your real=
 partition. The core of the failing is that the memory disk isn't large eno=
ugh for the subsequent newfs to succeed and thus the mount fails.

> vbox1009# mdconfig -a -n -t malloc -s 256k
> 0
> vbox1009# newfs /dev/md0
> /dev/md0: 0.2MB (512 sectors) block size 32768, fragment size 4096
>                 using 1 cylinder groups of 0.25MB, 8 blks, 128 inodes.
> super-block backups (for fsck -b #) at:
> 192
> first cylinder group ran out of space
> vbox1009# mount /dev/md0 /mnt
> mount: /dev/md0: Invalid argument
> vbox1009#
>
> I've increased the size of the memdisk and added a hard exit to the test =
if the mount fails.

> The open/16.t tests are all failing. The tests expect a ELOOP exit code b=
ut I'm getting EMLINK. I haven't validated if this is a test error or an er=
ror on the not-exactly-FreeBSD-10 code I'm running, so I haven't included t=
hose tests in this diff and just made them TODO in my code until I figure i=
t out.

> root # prove -r --nocount /svn/branch/src/tools/regression/pjdfstest/test=
> <snip>
> All tests successful.
> Files=3D206, Tests=3D12100, 839 wallclock secs ( 3.04 usr  2.71 sys + 40.=
46 cusr 374.61 csys =3D 420.82 CPU)
> Result: PASS
> root #

Have you looked at what I did on
https://github.com/yaneurabeya/pjdfstest (in particular I was working
on the onefs branch back when I was with EMC)?

The EMLINK issue was a known problem with the tests:
https://github.com/yaneurabeya/pjdfstest/commit/8035e2c5b9ea505ec42cd2f2aad=
69f4d40cd2a6d
. There are some other commits you probably want to grab and apply to
the local tree after validating them:
https://github.com/yaneurabeya/pjdfstest/commits/master . It would be
nice if these were in the upstream github repo/in FreeBSD, but I
didn't get around to setting up a pull request. I'll see about doing
that now.

Cheers,
-Garrett