Date:      Fri, 31 Oct 1997 23:12:23 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        mini@d198-232.uoregon.edu (Jonathan Mini)
Cc:        grog@lemis.com, mike@smith.net.au, dcarmich@Mcs.Net, jkh@time.cdrom.com, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD slogan/advert ideas

> > "All the power, none of the price.  Do what you want to do today"

Too ad FreeBSD doesn't have a budget for attack ads... 8-).

	Start the "Start Me Up..." commercial.

	5 seconds in, back camera out: it's running on a Windows 95
	box in a teeny little 640x480 window.

	Volume down on "Start me up..."

stand:	"Doesn't it get any bigger than that?"
sit:	"I'd have to drop the screen resoloution"
stand:	"well?"

	They go off to find the "display properties".

	The one in back is pointing and and giving directions to the
	one sitting in front.  It's obvious that two people have a
	hard time doing this.

stand:	"800x600?"
sit:	"640x480..."
stand:	"you sure?"
sit:	Well, we can try the other one if it doesn't work..."

	You must reboot you computer for the changes to take effect.

stand:	"You have to reboot?"
sit:	"Yeah... hang on..."

	They click 'OK'; the commercial is about to repeat a
	"Start Me Up..", but an "end task?" comes up, and they
	have to click "OK"...

stand:	"I thought it was multitasking?"
sit:	<grimace, as in "you obvious don't know the real story">

	The first "Start Me Up..." hits just as he click "OK"...

stand:
sit:	<chorus> "Shut me down... Shut me down... You make a grown
	man cryyyy-yyyy..."

	Turn roller chair to FreeBSD box...

	Run a video trailer... also tiny.

	Control-minus, Control-minus, Control-minus -- it's now full
	screen.

	View from FreeBSD monitor angle, with Windows 95 in the
	background "It's now Safe to Turn off your Computer...",
	In foregroung, "stand" looks surprised.

	Switch back to FreeBSD screen "beep, you have mail"...

	... Etc.  8-).

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---