Date:      Sun, 24 Sep 2000 23:10:11 -0600
From:      James Gorham <james@veldt.com>
To:        igorr@crosswinds.net, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: rsh

At 8:06 AM +0400 9/25/00, Igor Roboul wrote:
>On Sun, Sep 24, 2000 at 03:27:02PM -0700, James Gorham wrote:
>>  rshd[775]: auth_pam: Permission denied
>>  rshd[775]: PAM authentication failed
>Change  pam_deny.so in your /etc/pam.conf:
>
># r-utils are broken; ensure this doesn't bother folk
>rshd    auth    sufficient      pam_deny.so

>pam_permit.so

Well, I'm now able to connect locally just from the unix machine. But
I still can't connect from machines located on the LAN....which seems
really odd. And from a machine specified in my .rhosts file, I get a
Login incorrect
When trying from a remote machine specified in the .rhosts file.

Any ideas? I do use NATD, but I'm not using any sort of port forwarding.

-James