Date:      Wed, 29 Dec 1999 14:01:05 +0100 (CET)
From:      Oliver Fromme <olli@dorifer.heim3.tu-clausthal.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cons25 && (midc, /stand/sysinstall, etc)

Duke Normandin wrote in list.freebsd-questions:
 > Tried your sh script below... not much luck! It rendered the prompt in my
 > chosen color, but that's it.

Wasn't that what you wanted?  What else do you want?

If you want the screen to be cleared and repainted in your
colors, maybe you should append ``clear'' after the vidcontrol
command in the script.

 > A curious observation though, midc doesn't
 > trash the screen border that I have set up using vidcontrol; only the fg
 > and bg colors. Did your script work on your system?

I haven't tried it (I don't use colors).  It should work
exactly as if you type the commands manually in your shell.

 > BTW, would the script
 > be identical in csh?

No.  You don't write scripts in csh; it's evil.  :-)

Regards
   Oliver

PS:  Quotes in mails should be put at the top of the mail, not
at the bottom.  Just a small hint.

--
Oliver Fromme, Leibnizstr. 18/61, 38678 Clausthal, Germany

"In jedem Stück Kohle wartet ein Diamant auf seine Geburt"
                                         (Terry Pratchett)