Date:      Mon, 1 Apr 2002 18:47:39 -0800
From:      "Jeff Shevlen" <jshevlen@passedpawn.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, "Christopher Schulte" <schulte+freebsd@nospam.schulte.org>
Subject:   Re: port 1024 and system BIND

:
: Bind is using udp port 1024 to ask other name servers questions.
You can
: change this behavior with query-source in named.conf.
:

I'm hoping this can help out with some trouble I've been having with
DNS.  Three questions:

1. Is 1024 the port used for zone transfers?
2. Are there any other ports that BIND uses (outside of 53)?
3. If so, what activities happen on what ports?

Jeff