Date:      Tue, 23 Feb 1999 08:00:02 +0200
From:      Mirror Beastie <rudi@askas.co.za>
To:        W Gerald Hicks <wghicks@bellsouth.net>, "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: m$ inbox mail conversion utility

> > I want to convert m$ inbox mail to something readable by unix mailers,
> > including netscape.  I can do this from m$ outlook and i can convert m$ inbox
> > mail to m$ outlook; then use the mbx2mbox - but this is slow and annoying.  I
> > would prefer a something that goes straight from m$ inbox to unix readable
> > mail ...
> > any ideas ?
>
> Sure... you need to implement a 'Message Store' service provider for
> extended MAPI.  It would be a big nasty job.

bugger ! - as i said - i am still looking for the mbx2mbox equivalent
conversion utility for m$inbox....

> It's much easier just to boycott Microsoft.  :-)
This is what i did - but the suits did not - they insisted on m$ as "un*x is
too difficult to use" & as m$ "is the future" and other such drivel....
  needless to say, after a couple of months of spontaneous reboots by an
operating system that tells you what you actually want (gee lucky us...) they
have come round to my original suggestion - use *bsd/linux, nfs and X.  I just
hope my constant chanting of "I TOLD YOU SO" is really really annoying ....

This still doesn't help me  convert several months of user mail stored in
various inboxes ... anyone got a solution to this problem (i am sure it has
occurred before ) or a good way of handling this conversion (everything else
is in place already

tia
rudi