Date:      Wed, 04 Aug 1999 08:28:35 -0600
From:      Donald Wilde <dwilde1@thuntek.net>
To:        Gregory Sutter <gsutter@pobox.com>
Cc:        Jim Mock <jim@blues.ghis.net>, advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: advocacy site

Gregory Sutter wrote:

> I don't even think there was a real call for volunteers to work on
> the site.  I don't remember seeing one, anyway.  (If I'm wrong, please
> refresh my memory.)

Greg, it's sad to hear that coming from you. The whole site was a call
for volunteeers. I had numerous postings on the advo list pointing to
the task list of things that needed to be done, and asking for people to
add input. DN even posted some of my comments and the links. Jim and Rob
were doing a great job until the wind was knocked out of the operation
by Bob B. deciding to change directions at Walnut Creek. Bill Swingle
was hired on the inside to replace me, but it seems that he's getting
even more bogged down in impossible expectations than I was. I don't
hear much from him.
--
Donald Wilde              "Bringing the Internet to everyone!"
Wilde Media