Date:      Wed, 11 Jul 2001 20:33:20 -0400
From:      Leo Bicknell <bicknell@ufp.org>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Network performance tuning.

I love responding to my own messages, but I do have something to add.
The following link, which seems to be along the right lines was given
to me by an interested party.  I have BCC'ed them on this message so
they can show themselves if they want, or stay in the shadows for the
time being.

Take a look at http://www.psc.edu/networking/tcp.html, in particular
http://www.psc.edu/networking/auto.html.  I can't believe I overlooked
it when I was looking at the site earlier.  It's a potential fix to
point #2 in my message.  It has working, if experimental, NetBSD code.
Perhaps a FreeBSD version should appear soon in a default-to-off
version so it can get out to the world.

--
Leo Bicknell - bicknell@ufp.org
Systems Engineer - Internetworking Engineer - CCIE 3440