Date:      Tue, 31 Mar 2015 19:53:14 +1100
From:      Kubilay Kocak <koobs@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Johannes Meixner <xmj@freebsd.org>, vanilla@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        python@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: pyCardDAV

On 31/03/2015 5:04 AM, Johannes Meixner wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> you've both committed versions of the same python package, with different
> requirements, to the portstree.
>
> www/pycarddav
> deskutils/py-pycarddav
>
> I suggest we merge the ports Makefiles' requirements,
> so that we end up with seven dependencies including click and sqlite3 (which
> are only in one variant of the two Makefiles, each), and that we merge this
> into the www/pycarddav Makefile, all the while moving it to
>
> deskutils/py-pycarddav.
>
> That location is both compliant with the naming scheme we use, and fits in with
> the other tools in that category.
>
> Can you take it from there?
>
> Regards,
> Johannes

Thanks for the heads-up Johannes.

Happy to review/approve a patch if you'd like to take care of it, with a
couple of notes:

- py-pycarddav is the correct name, I'm not sure how I committed it
without (pointyhat++)

- I dont believe deskutils is the correct primary category (It's a
protocol, based on WebDAV)

- I'd be merging changes to www/pycarddav, and include a rename of that
port. www/pycarddav landed earlier and is the more correct category imo.

Thanks!

./koobs