Date:      Sat, 30 Dec 1995 05:41:00 -0500 (EST)
From:      Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de
Cc:        wasserma@crayola.cse.psu.edu, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Compaq Presario will not boot with boot.flp

> As Brian S Wasserman wrote:
> >
> > NetBSD 1.x will boot fine.  FBSD 2.05 and 2.1 are the two which will not
> > work.  I want to get FBSD 2.1 up and running.
>
> Well, you forgot to tell us _which_ problem you have!  (``does not
> work'' is way too few.)

And be more specific about the Presario if you can - the boot disk that
is built by the WC 2.1 CDROM works fine on my wife's circa 1993 Compaq Presario
425 with 12MB memory, 250 MB seagate and a DX475 overdrive chip.  I went
through a full install to an external SCSI drive on a Soundblaster
SCSI-II.
--
Peter Dufault               Real Time Machine Control and Simulation
HD Associates, Inc.         Voice: 508 433 6936