Date:      Thu, 20 Feb 2020 09:07:00 -0600
From:      D'Arcy Cain <darcy@druid.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [FreeBSD-Announce] FreeBSD 12.0 end-of-life

On 2020-02-20 06:17, David Demelier wrote:
> FreeBSD for desktop is still not a thing. It won't change anytime soon
> because lacks of manpower and less interest into porting things to
> FreeBSD. That's why DRM, bluetooth, wireless, ACPI and wayland terribly
> lag behind Linux.
It may not have all the bells and whistles that Linux has but it works
just fine as a basic office desktop.  I set them up with Firefox,
Thunderbird, Libreoffice and a few other basic things and it works just
fine.  It also allows for one system across all of my servers and
desktops for easy management.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@druid.net>         |  Democracy is three wolves
+1 416 788 2246     (DoD#0082)    (eNTP)   |  what's for dinner.