Date:      Mon, 25 Jan 1999 22:47:12 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Joseph M. Scott" <jmscott@ainet.com>
To:        Darren Littlejohn <darrenl@cats.ucsc.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sendmail

	Check out the sendmail website on virtual domain arrangements :
http://www.sendmail.org/virtual-hosting.html

That will provide you with probably more info that you need.

Assuming dns is setup correctly you'll need to make your sendmail knows
how to deal with the sendmail.cw file ( or add the domain(s) right into
the sendmail.cf file ).

On Mon, 25 Jan 1999, Darren Littlejohn wrote:

> Goal: To run mail in FreeBSD 2.7.7 i386, but process mail from another
> domain, which really points to this box.
>
> I have a box running as www.machine.com
>
> but my domain is registered to point to this box: www.mydomain.com sends me
> to the above. I have Apache configured to run as www.mydomain.com to make
> this work. Now I need to do the same form mail.
>
> I want to set up mail to go to me@mydomain.com, but run off
> www.machine.com's sendmail.
>
> How can I set this up? In rc.conf I set sendmail =YES, and it has
> www.machine.com in it's configuration. All I can find for sendmail is
> sendmail.cf. I don't know if the machine has to reboot to run it.
>
> I thought there might be some way to have mail@machine.com run the mail
> server, and have an alias pointing mail directed to mail@mydomain.com to
> process it.
>
> I don't need to run POP do I?
>
> Please email me directly, since I am not on the list.
>

> Darren Littlejohn
> Psychology Instructional Computing Manager
> Psychology Faculty Services
> University of California Santa Cruz
> 831-459-4652
> darrenl@cats.ucsc.edu
>
> I often quote myself; it adds spice to my conversation. -George Bernard
> Shaw

* Joseph M. Scott
* jmscott@ainet.com
* American InfoMetrics