Date:      Wed, 21 Apr 2004 09:39:30 +0930
From:      Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "William M. Grim" <wgrim@siue.edu>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Remote Debugging using GDB on Linux

--i7F3eY7HS/tUJxUd

On Tuesday, 20 April 2004 at  3:17:56 -0500, William M. Grim wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Is it possible to do remote debugging of the FreeBSD kernel over a
> serial connection using Linux?  FreeBSD has a special "-k" switch that
> Linux does not for GDB; so, I'm not even sure it's possible without a
> lot of work.

I haven't tried it that way round, but I have debugged a Linux kernel
over a serial line with FreeBSD gdb.  That suggests that it might work
the other way round, too.  Unfortunately, my experience with NetBSD
doesn't bear this out: I can debug a NetBSD kernel with FreeBSD gdb,
but not the other way round.

Greg
--
Note: I discard all HTML mail unseen.