Date:      Sun, 3 Jun 2012 16:26:50 +0000
From:      Kevin Oberman <kob6558@gmail.com>
To:        bf1783@gmail.com
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, Leslie Jensen <leslie@eskk.nu>
Subject:   Re: Shared object "libpng.so.6"

On Sun, Jun 3, 2012 at 7:23 AM, b. f. <bf1783@googlemail.com> wrote:
>>> Stop in /usr/ports/x11/kdelibs3.
>
>> removed manually, if portmaster hasn't already done so. =A0Here it looks
>> like your new build of kde3libs is sloppily linking against the old
>> version of kde3libs that you still have installed, and which still
>
> Obviously I meant kdelibs3 in the above -- this is starting to make me
> dizzy, too.

At this point I have to think that it is not cairo that is the issue,
but something cairo is depending on that is referencing libpng.so.6.

What I normally would have suggested, but failed to do in this case
because cairo seemed like the obvious culprit, was to install
sysutils/bsdadminscripts and run 'pkg_libchk -o | grep png" to track
down ports that still depend on the old libpng. It will take a few
minutes to run.

I suspect something cairo links to (but is not in the listed depends)
is needs to be re-built.
--=20
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
E-mail: kob6558@gmail.com