Date:      Sat, 10 Jun 2006 17:37:19 -0700
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        Nate Lawson <nate@root.org>
Cc:        acpi@freebsd.org, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: resume changes, please test

> Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 10:43:44 -0700
> From: Nate Lawson <nate@root.org>
> Sender: owner-freebsd-current@freebsd.org
>
> I've committed some overall minor changes to the resume assembly code as
> a result of a code review.  Please test to be sure nothing was broken,
> and perhaps something got improved along the way.
>
> Now there is also a tunable/sysctl "debug.acpi.resume_beep".  Setting it
> to 1 will beep the pc speaker very early in resume so we can figure out
> if hangs on resume are a driver or acpi problem.

Nate,

I seem to see no issues with suspend/resume that were not already seen.
1. Syscons font maps are messed up, Characters may be
   unreadable. Changing font with vidcontrol or starting X seems to clean
   things up.
2. wpa_supplicant seems to lose it's mind some of the time which
   requires a restart of the supplicant.

I seriously doubt that either of these problems is ACPI related.

Other than that, it seems to just work, but it was working before, too.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)