Date:      Wed, 10 Aug 2005 00:00:43 +0200
From:      Emanuel Strobl <Emanuel.strobl@gmx.net>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Cc:        drvince@anonymnet.net, Jeremie Le Hen <jeremie@le-hen.org>
Subject:   Re: nullfs fixed ? (was: More into /etc/rc.d/jail)

--nextPart3999494.O1Stzz2vam

Am Dienstag, 9. August 2005 23:47 CEST schrieb Jeremie Le Hen:
> Hi Emmanuel,
>
> > And you don't suffer from a big disk performance degradation with
> > that? If you don't have I/O load it doesn't matter but I need usual
> > I/O performance so I give each jail its own partition (GPT
> > partitions). But I think some good guys are looking for fixing the
> > performance issue like they already solved the nullfs problem :)
> > Thanks again for that! (Jeff?)
>
> Are you sure that nullfs has been fixed ?  In this case, the warning
> at the end of mount_nullfs(8) manpage should be removed.

I haven't done my own benchmarks yet, but I'm quiet sure that was fixed=20
about two or three months ago in 6.0-current. At that time I was figuring=20
out how to avoid nullfs, but decided to keep using it, so I was conviced=20
that it's been solved ;)
But I think Jeff can tell you more, if I don't mix up names again....

=2DHarry